EPIC WORKS

For all the manga fans and lovers out there!

HomeHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New Releases with important information.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AbhiEpicWorks
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: New Releases with important information.   Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Hello Dear Members,

I know I haven't released anything new from past some time, but I was busy with work, so it can't be helped.

But from now on, you'll get to read more new H-stuff from me, including H-magazine chapters and Doujins.

From today onwards, I'll be releasing my work on my main site - EPIC WORKS Zone

So make sure to check the main site for all the releases and updates!

I have already released 2 new chapters for you!

I hope you'll enjoy reading them!

See you!! ^^

~~Epic works are for ever.....~~

Last edited by AbhiEpicWorks on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://epicworks.wordpress.com
AkashiyaMoka
PA Member
PA Member

PostSubject: Re: New Releases with important information.   Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:33 pm

Welcome back and no worries. Real life's more important, especially work.
Personally, I have no problems with slow releases. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AbhiEpicWorks
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Releases with important information.   Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:32 am

AkashiyaMoka wrote:
Welcome back and no worries. Real life's more important, especially work.
Personally, I have no problems with slow releases. Cheers.

Hello Moka-chan!!

Yeah, I know that we have some really nice and understanding members here, like you!

I hope you'll enjoy reading the new releases!

See you!! ^^

Back to top Go down
Noutathewolf
PA Member
PA Member

PostSubject: Re: New Releases with important information.   Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:07 pm

wow.. you've really changed alot since ive been gone :s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AbhiEpicWorks
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Releases with important information.   Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:12 am

Noutathewolf wrote:
wow.. you've really changed alot since ive been gone :s

Hello Nouta-chan!!

It's my visit here after a really long time, so I wasn't able to reply to your post in time.

Well, all those people who followed my work during the time when I was working like a 'Bullet Train' know this very well that I care a lot about my readers.

As you already know, I'm the only one working on everything and was regularly releasing 3-4 chapters every week.

I even tried to bring many new manga series to my readers.

Now did anyone think why I've to do all that for them when I'm working for free and spending my precious time on the releases.

I could have picked a series or two, and could have released 1 chapter every week and that should've been fine.

You can find many other scanlators who have a "group of people", and yet they are hardly able to release even a single chapter in a week.

So, who am I?
-> Some sort of monster? Or some sort of robot?

My readers were getting 3-4 chapters to read every week, so how did I make it possible?!

-> Maybe because I did my best for my readers? Well many scanlators do their best, anyway...

So, what was different? You and all of my readers know the answer.

A single person bringing you series after series and all that fun...

BUT.....

What did I ever expect in return?

At least some response from my readers.

They could have discussed the series, they could have said some words of appreciation, they could have tried to make things more happening here.

But no! Other than a very few nice members, other people hardly cared about it.

Hundreds of downloads were recorded, but only a handful of replies in return.

The rest never cared about it since they thought "why do we have to care when we know we'll get everything without doing anything".

I mean, it takes a very little bit time and work to reply to the scanlator on their release, but it acts as a great source of encouragement for the scanlator.
Not to mention, it acts as a massive source of power for a person like me.

EPIC WORKS was started by me to fulfil the desires of the manga fans, and to bring more happiness in their life. But if they only care about themselves, then why do I've to care so much about them?!

So I finally decided to leave things here as it is.

But since I really want to bring more fun and happiness in manga fans' lives, so I again tried working on some projects.

And same thing happened on the main site where I release my work right now.
I hardly get 1 or 2 replies, and so I left the projects.

I'm not asking for anything, but you could at least give some response.

How would I know whether you're interested in anything or not? Whether you liked something or not?

Response = I get to know that you're taking interest = Releases

Seriously, why do I even have to mention this here?!

It's a very obvious thing to: thank someone when you get something from them(especially for free) and/or appreciate something that you like.

Does someone need to remind you that?!

I recently visited a new shoujo group, and their first post got 30+ replies.

And then they again released the 2nd chapter of that shoujo manga after a month(and they're working only on that manga; yes, they're working only on 1 project), and they got 20+ replies.

Now, when I was working here like a bullet train releasing so many chapters in a month.
I never ever got any response like that? Can I ask why?

Or do Shoujo fans have more morals and manners than Shounen and Seinen manga fans, huh?

I'm not talking about you, Nouta-chan, and also not talking about those 2-3 other members who know what they should do...
I'm talking about all those people who only know "how to click the download button/link".

If this wasn't a one-person group, I would have already closed it.

Do you people realize what does it mean by "one-person group"?!

-> It means, I translate as well as edit, which means I'm not depended on anyone.
And since I'm not depended on anyone, I can continue working for all the manga fans as much as I want and as long as I want.
You won't ever face the crises like this with me, with EPIC WORKS: "Sorry, but we don't have any staff, so we're closing our doors", "We need translators to release the chapters. Without them we can't release a single thing", and so on.....

That means it's guaranteed that you'll get your regular manga dose without worrying about anything.
And I always believe in super-dose and not just a dose, so you can only imagine how great it would be to have your favorite manga scanlated by such a group.

But did you ever realize all that I just mentioned?!
And even if you realized that, what did you do after that?!

-> NOTHING!!

So, how can anyone expect anything from me after that?!!

I may think about working like before, but that will only happen if I see some serious changes in people's attitude. Show me that you've got some sense!
Till then, read whatever you get and whenever you get because I don't want to spend my time and efforts for nothing.

And that's why I've changed, Nouta-chan.

Hope this will answer all the questions!

See you!!

Back to top Go down
LittleMelon18
PA Member
PA Member

PostSubject: Re: New Releases with important information.   Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:56 pm

I'm really gutted to hear that come from you Abhi. I appreciate all the work you've brought to fans. As a fellow scanlator, I know exactly what you mean by your efforts not being appreciated. But continue for your love of manga and the ever small group of thankful fans who thank you for your hard work.

But don't churn tonnes of releases and to get nothing in return back. Why don't you slowly trickle your releases? Put a reminder to thank you on your page? Get yourself out there in manga communities like batoto, who supports scanlators.

There's still some people rooting for you so please don't lose faith too quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Releases with important information.   

Back to top Go down

New Releases with important information.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1