EPIC WORKS

For all the manga fans and lovers out there!

HomeHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AbhiEpicWorks
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Hello everyone!! king

Here's the latest chapter of Seitokai no Ichizon!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have Fun!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://epicworks.wordpress.com
nerkr
PL: Human

PostSubject: Re: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:56 am

please post the download.
I like archiving manga.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AbhiEpicWorks
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:35 am

nerkr wrote:
please post the download.
I like archiving manga.

Hello nerkr!!

Don't worry, I'll be posting download links from now on!!

Just enjoy our releases!!

See you!! ^^

~~Epic works are for ever.....~~
Back to top Go down
nerkr

PostSubject: Re: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Just a quick note.

You seem to have a typo on "Chidzuru"

紅葉 知弦 - Akaba Chizuru

Just remove the 'd', it's officially written like that.

Anyhow, thanks for the fast releases of this great manga, keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AbhiEpicWorks
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:26 pm

nerkr wrote:
Just a quick note.

You seem to have a typo on "Chidzuru"

紅葉 知弦 - Akaba Chizuru

Just remove the 'd', it's officially written like that.

Anyhow, thanks for the fast releases of this great manga, keep up the good work.

I already knew that someone may mention this.

So, I would like to make it clear that EPIC WORKS don't translate things the way we pronounce them.

EPIC WORKS believe in quality, so we try to give you the real material to read.

"Chizuru" is just a phonetic translation, but EPIC WORKS translate according to the real material.

Since the real translation is "Chidzuru", where 'd' is kind of silent during pronunciation, so people generally translate it as "Chizuru".

In our view, it's wrong to translate it that way.
For example: We pronounce 'hour' as 'our', but that doesn't mean that we'll write it as 'our' and not as 'hour'. Even if we pronounce it a different way, we still do write it as 'hour'.

So, why should "Chidzuru" be written as "Chizuru" just because it's pronounced in that way?!

We have the knowledge of the language, so EPIC WORKS translate it as "Chidzuru".

People generally don't have the knowledge, or try to translate according to the pronunciation, so you generally find "Chizuru" written.

I hope everything is crystal clear now!!

See you!! ^^

Back to top Go down
nerkr

PostSubject: Re: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:35 am

I believe 'Chizuru' keeps consistency with both the previous releases of the manga AND the anime.
I also believe consistency is more sought after than literal a translation, Chizuru also rolls off the tongue easier, any place that would discuss Seizon would use the familiar 'Chizuru' translation.

But it doesn't matter, I think of this is a minor annoyance, but I'll get used to it.
Keep up the good work, about time someone continued scanlating this manga.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DtemplarX

PostSubject: Re: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:00 pm

AbhiEpicWorks wrote:

So, I would like to make it clear that EPIC WORKS don't translate things the way we pronounce them.

EPIC WORKS believe in quality, so we try to give you the real material to read.

"Chizuru" is just a phonetic translation, but EPIC WORKS translate according to the real material.

Since the real translation is "Chidzuru", where 'd' is kind of silent during pronunciation, so people generally translate it as "Chizuru".

In our view, it's wrong to translate it that way.
For example: We pronounce 'hour' as 'our', but that doesn't mean that we'll write it as 'our' and not as 'hour'. Even if we pronounce it a different way, we still do write it as 'hour'.

So, why should "Chidzuru" be written as "Chizuru" just because it's pronounced in that way?!

We have the knowledge of the language, so EPIC WORKS translate it as "Chidzuru".

People generally don't have the knowledge, or try to translate according to the pronunciation, so you generally find "Chizuru" written.

I hope everything is crystal clear now!!

See you!! ^^

Actually, づ to dzu is the older variant of Hepburn Romanization.
The revised Hepburn Romanization will spell づ the same as ず, zu.

With the 3 main modern Romanization, the name 知弦(ちづる) can be romanized as either
Chizuru - Revised Hepburn (by American National Standards Institute, most commonly used within Eng-speaking world)
Tiduru - Nihon-shiki - (by a JPese intended for JPese usage)
Tizuru - Kunrei-shiki - (officially accepted by JP gov, but not widely used outside JP)

So by romanizing 知弦(ちづる) as Chidzuru, you weren't about being more accurate but actually were using the older 2nd ver of Hepburn system, rather than its modern revised version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AbhiEpicWorks
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:19 pm

DtemplarX wrote:

With the 3 main modern Romanization, the name 知弦(ちづる) can be romanized as either
Chizuru - Revised Hepburn (by American National Standards Institute, most commonly used within Eng-speaking world)
Tizuru - Kunrei-shiki - (officially accepted by JP gov, but not widely used outside JP)

So by romanizing 知弦(ちづる) as Chidzuru, you weren't about being more accurate but actually were using the older 2nd ver of Hepburn system, rather than its modern revised version.

Hello DtemplarX!!

I would like to mention it again that EPIC WORKS always work on the actual translation of the content.

It has no relation at all with the new or the old version, it's just a matter of accuracy.

To exlplain further I'll give you an example:

ず is tranlsated as -> zu

And, づ is translated as -> dzu

So, if I'll translate 知弦(ちづる) as -> Chizuru

Then, it would mean (ちずる), which is the wrong hiragana reading of 知弦.

Even if you say that the romanization has revised, I won't go with that, so that people could make difference between づ and ず.
It won't be clear if we'll simply use the translation "zu" for both of them.

It may be easier to read it that way, and probably that's why it was revised. But we should maintain the distinction.

You're always welcome to ask questions, and the genius is here to answer!!

See you!! ^^

Back to top Go down
DtemplarX

PostSubject: Re: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:21 pm

AbhiEpicWorks wrote:
DtemplarX wrote:

Hello DtemplarX!!

I would like to mention it again that EPIC WORKS always work on the actual translation of the content.

It has no relation at all with the new or the old version, it's just a matter of accuracy.

To exlplain further I'll give you an example:

ず is tranlsated as -> zu

And, づ is translated as -> dzu

So, if I'll translate 知弦(ちづる) as -> Chizuru

Then, it would mean (ちずる), which is the wrong hiragana reading of 知弦.

Even if you say that the romanization has revised, I won't go with that, so that people could make difference between づ and ず.
It won't be clear if we'll simply use the translation "zu" for both of them.

It may be easier to read it that way, and probably that's why it was revised. But we should maintain the distinction.

You're always welcome to ask questions, and the genius is here to answer!!

See you!! ^^

Japanese doesn't work the way you want it to. Since you want to emphasize so much on accuracy:

Both づ and ず aren't 'translated as dzu and zu' respectively; it's within the 2nd version of the Hepburn Romanizing system, their readings are written in the Latin alphabet as such.'

The difficulty to differentiate between づ and ず is the inherent fault of the modern revised Hepburn Romanization system itself; which is why there are 2 other main Romanization systems available. You're free to use any of the other options if you want to differentiate but choosing to go half-way with it does NOT make your translation more accurate.

And as a side note, ちづる isn't the hiragana reading of 知弦 but the FURIGANA reading for the name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AbhiEpicWorks
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:33 am

DtemplarX wrote:

Japanese doesn't work the way you want it to. Since you want to emphasize so much on accuracy:

Both づ and ず aren't 'translated as dzu and zu' respectively; it's within the 2nd version of the Hepburn Romanizing system, their readings are written in the Latin alphabet as such.'

The difficulty to differentiate between づ and ず is the inherent fault of the modern revised Hepburn Romanization system itself; which is why there are 2 other main Romanization systems available. You're free to use any of the other options if you want to differentiate but choosing to go half-way with it does NOT make your translation more accurate.

And as a side note, ちづる isn't the hiragana reading of 知弦 but the FURIGANA reading for the name.

Hello DtemplarX!!

I'm not doing anything my own way, I'm doing something that should be the correct way.

I don't care who decides what about the romanized reading because EPIC WORKS is different from others and we have a complete different way to view and analyze things.

And, who are you to tell me that づ and ず aren't translated as 'dzu and zu' respectively?!

I'm a translator, and you're just a reader who gathers this kind of information from reading what is available on other sites regarding them.

A person who has really studied Japanese properly could understand my view, i.e., if he or she isn't just a learner but can also properly comprehend things!!

The distinction between づ and ず is their essence in Japanese language, and people don't care about these kind of things.
But, EPIC WORKS do care a lot about these kind of things.

Even if our translation isn't more accurate officially, it's has the real essence of the original language and we're preserver of the true essence, so for us it's the more accurate translation.

I hope now it's more clear to you!!

About your side note, it was simply a 'typo', since I'm always in hurry because I have to handle everything, from the management of various things to the real work on the projects.

ちづる is the furigana reading for the name, and ちづる could also be called the compounded-reading of the two Kanji.

See you!! ^^

Back to top Go down
Noutathewolf
PA Member
PA Member

PostSubject: Re: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:03 pm

as i saved this into a folder to turn it into a .rar i noticed a Naruto reference and a man in a swimsuit... xD seems interesting..
anyways, im going to upload 8 and 9 onto mangafox (since no one has yet), but not manga.animea since they only have chapter 1

on another note, mangafox added Ai to their manga list, although its by a different name
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AbhiEpicWorks
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Noutathewolf wrote:
as i saved this into a folder to turn it into a .rar i noticed a Naruto reference and a man in a swimsuit... xD seems interesting..
anyways, im going to upload 8 and 9 onto mangafox (since no one has yet), but not manga.animea since they only have chapter 1

on another note, mangafox added Ai to their manga list, although its by a different name

Hello Nouta-chan!!

I hope you'll like reading it!!

Aha, that's great!!

Seriously, you did a nice work!!

I wasn't able to find "Ai", where is it?

Keep up the good work!!

See you!! ^^

Back to top Go down
Noutathewolf
PA Member
PA Member

PostSubject: Re: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:39 am

AbhiEpicWorks wrote:
Noutathewolf wrote:

Hello Nouta-chan!!

I hope you'll like reading it!!

Aha, that's great!!

Seriously, you did a nice work!!

I wasn't able to find "Ai", where is it?

Keep up the good work!!

See you!! ^^
The person who added it said that it would take at least 30 minutes for it to appear on the site, so he just gave me a direct link and I just uploaded it now, so it should be up as soon as it's reviewed! ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9   

Back to top Go down

Read-> Seitokai no Ichizon - Chapter 9
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1